In the context of the use of our website, the user may transmit various personal data, such as name, email, telephone number and / or mobile phone, among others. The communication of this data is optional and at the user’s entire responsibility.
We collect information about you when you place a contact request for a service, when you call or when you subscribe to our monthly newsletter.
The personal data collected are those necessary for the purpose for which you contacted us, dealing in this area with data such as name, address, telephone number, email address, subject, NIF (in the case of a transaction commercial) and the identification document (in the case of the exercise of a right). By providing your personal data, you are authorizing the collection, use and disclosure of the data in accordance with the rules defined herein.
We ask you not to send or share with Barnes Portugal any sensitive personal information such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, as well as genetic data, biometric data, data relating to health or data relating to sexual life or sexual orientation.
In each access to our website and its contents, access data is also recorded in the form of protocol. Each record may include the following data:
- The website from which our page is accessed;
- The IP address;
- The access date / time;
- The customer’s request;
- The http response code;
- The amount of data transmitted;
- Information about the browser and operating system used.
The information collected will be used to make your visit to our site as productive and enjoyable as possible. The guarantee of the confidentiality of the personal data of the users of our site is important for Barnes Portugal.
Information regarding customers, members, subscribers, or visitors using the barnes-portugal.com website will be handled in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation of May 25, 2018, which replaced the Data Protection Act of October 26, 1998 (Law no. 67/98).
How we use your information
The information collected on our website is used to process your request and, if you agree, to send you information about articles about marketing, products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
We use the information collected from the website to customize your next visits to our website.
Barnes Portugal does not share your information for marketing campaigns with outside companies nor does it transfer your Personal Data to a third country.
You have the right to complain to a European Union Monitoring Authority regarding the protection of your Personal Data. Barnes Portugal will cooperate with the Control Authority by providing it with all the information requested by it in the exercise of its powers.
As holder of your Personal Data, you have the right to access, rectify, delete (right to be forgotten), restriction of treatment and portability and to oppose the processing of personal data, in accordance with the General Regulation on Protection of Data.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you should contact us in writing by e-mail or by post to the headquarters address. To ensure your protection, you may be asked to prove your identity.
However, this may in some way change the way we interact with our website, or other websites. These actions may affect whether or not to allow you to log in to software, websites from our and other networks.
- Own Cookies: A cookie managed by this domain / website.
- Third-party cookies: A cookie managed by another domain / website.
- Persistent cookies: Cookie information is permanently stored on your device.
- Session cookies: The cookie information is not permanently stored on your device.
Barnes Portugal uses session cookies and “first-party cookies” as well as persistent cookies and third-party cookies.
Types of cookies depending on purpose of use:
- Technical cookies: These are the ones that allow you to navigate through a domain / website, using the different options or services, such as identifying the session, accessing restricted areas, and completing the purchase order process.
- Customization cookies: those that allow you to access the domain / website with some predefined characteristics based on a set of decisions taken, such as the language used.
- Analysis cookies: These are the ones that allow the monitoring and analysis of the behavior of the users of websites to which they are linked. The information collected through such cookies is used, for example, to measure website activity and to develop browsing profiles.
- Advertising cookies: These are the ones that allow you to more efficiently manage ad slots based on criteria such as edited content or the frequency at which ads are served.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: those that allow you to manage the most effective way of advertising space. These cookies store information about the user’s behavior, obtained by continuously observing their browsing habits, allowing you to develop a specific profile to display ads based on this.
Cookie information is controlled and accessed by the website owner.
|_ga||Cookie used by Google Analytics software to distinguish unique users to collect basic data about themselves and the website.||2 Years||barnes-portugal.com||Analysis|
|_gat||Cookie used by Google Analytics software to limit the number of requests to a website; to limit data collection.||10 Minutes||barnes-portugal.com||Performance|
|_gid||New spring cookie of 2017, used by the Google Analytics application to store a special value for every page visited within a website.||24 Hours||barnes-portugal.com||Analysis|
|__cfduid||Cookie used by Cloudflare to identify individual clients to use shared IPs and apply security methods to each.||1 Year||addtoany.com / jquery.com||Security|
|uvc||Cookie used by the Add To Any service. It serves to count the times that the service finds the user on the same website.||1 Month||addtoany.com||Analysis|
In addition to cookies, some of our web pages and HTML messages integrate “pixel tags” that allow us to follow the steps of the users on our sites and the recipients of our communications. These markers are used to collect data, not personally identifiable as well as other information that can be used to improve the services we offer to those who visit us.
Links to third-party websites
Campaigns and Marketing
Barnes Portugal uses email marketing to communicate with its customers and potential customers frequently. All campaigns created by us are “opt-in” meaning that no email will be sent unless the user has confirmed their interest in receiving this type of communication.